BUDDY HAS MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION IN HIS SATCHEL!
As a real emotional, mobile and autonomous robot, Buddy is an interactive and educational companion allowing students to learn differently while having fun and preparing them for the world of tomorrow.
Buddy is also the partner of the most fragile encouraging the inclusion and socialization of students unable to be present in class as well as supporting the education of children with behavioral disorders and autism spectrum.
Buddy is also the teacher’s assistant who can integrate specific content relating to his educational program and class life.
Finally, beyond being an engaging educational support, the Buddy robot is also an advanced robotic platform for education, fully programmable through its Android SDK (Software Development Kit) and java coding tools.
CHOOSE THE PACK ADAPTED TO YOUR NEEDS, THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
Take advantage of Education rates up to 20% off*
BUDDY TELEPRESENCE PACK
1 Buddy robot, 1 Battery charger, 1 pre-configured tablet with the “Telebuddy” Telepresence software including 120H of communication per month, 3 years of updates, corrective maintenance and 1-year hardware warranty (carry-in)
BUDDY EDUCATION PACK
The Buddy Telepresence Pack and embedded programming (Buddylab, Scratch and Python), mediation and learning software for fun and interactive activities for all students from kindergarten to high school and children with special educational needs, 3 years updates, corrective maintenance and 1-year hardware warranty (carry-in)
BUDDY DEVELOPMENT PACK
1 Buddy robot, 1 Battery charger, the open and fully programmable platform with the SDK (Software Development Kit) in JAVA and C/C++, 3 years of updates, corrective maintenance and 1–year hardware warranty (carry-in)
BuddyLab Robotic circuit printed on washable soft PVC tarpaulin. Dimensions: 2mX2m
*Offer reserved for the academic field
Buddy fights against the isolation of sick children – for health reasons – by allowing them to attend lessons in real time from their home or a medical structure, when they cannot go to school.
Thanks to their Buddy avatar, sick children can uniquely teleport themselves to their classroom or participate in a remote school trip. Buddy allows to mitigate the consequences of the break with the school environment and to facilitate return to class both for learning and for the pursuit of real inclusion and socialization.
Programming via BuddyLab
The BuddyLab application can be used from kindergarten and allows the youngest, via a simple and intuitive visual programming language, to take their first steps into the world of programming to easily assimilate the basic principles.
The BuddyLab application allows to:
• Program Buddy movement sequences : “forward / backward”, “turn right/left”, “raise/lower head”, “turn head right / left”,
• Access dozens of facial animations (sad, happy, happy, tired…) and texts to make Buddy talk,
• Make Buddy reacts by adding conditions : “if we touch his right eye, if there is an obstacle, if he detects someone, if we caress him then Buddy will move on to the next action”.
All these actions are chained sequentially.
Scratch and Python Programming
Buddy allows to discover programming and Artificial Intelligence (AI) thanks to our collaboration with Vittascience.
• The programming application allows you to code Buddy in visual (block) or textual (python) language. Once the program has been created, a simulator allows to visualize the behavior of the Buddy robot before transferring it to the real robot. With this innovative mechanism, many users can experience programming using the simulated robot and then take turns transferring their program to the real robot to bring their code to life.
• The AI application allows you to train Buddy to recognize an image or a sound! Thanks to this application, it is very easy to set up “intelligent” interactions with your Buddy robot, which can, for example, react by seeing a particular hand sign or even a specific voice command.
Mediation and Edutainment games
Beyond being a simple reinforcer like some digital tools, Buddy brings real added value by offering fun and educational interactive activities, especially for students with special educational needs to help them communicate and interact with others. Buddy offers applications to help children recognize, express and manage their emotions, to encourage non-verbal students to express themselves using pictograms, then verbally, or even games to entertain and encourage them to develop motor skills.
SDK : android development kit
A formidable programming tool, Buddy with its SDK, provides access to the robot’s various functions (vocal and visual interactions, advanced means of perception, robot movements, emotional behaviors, etc.) to design new applications from scratch and services. It is also possible to access raw data from the robot’s sensors, cameras and microphones to develop your own AI, computer vision, NLP algorithms or to interface C/C++ APIs.
Buddy + :
- Graphical and intuitive programming from kindergarten with BuddyLab
- Advanced programming from Scratch to Python for college/high school and, with the SDK in JAVA and C/C++ for Higher Education and Research
- Possibility to create custom accessories with a 3D printer
- Fun and educational support for students
- Inclusion of students remotely by controlling the robot via a tablet (Wi-Fi / 4G)
- Robot designed and manufactured in France